Current Job Opportunities
Chester Theatre Company is a professional theatre company located in the foothills of the Berkshires of Western Massachusetts. CTC produces 4-5 plays each summer, staged and performed by professional actors, directors and designers. Now in its 31st season, CTC has earned a reputation for producing the best in contemporary theatre, consistently winning top honors with area critics. CTC productions have gone on to Off Broadway engagements and regional, national, and international tours.
Box Office Manager
Chester Theatre Company seeks friendly, well-organized, outgoing box office manager to handle summer season ticket sales and house management.
Box Office Manager’s responsibilities include:
- Serve as the front-line of our cheerful, helpful customer service team;
- Process ticket orders over the phone and in person;
- Answer phone inquiries and manage customer service needs;
- Supervise house management operations at all performances;
- Coordinate volunteer ushers;
- Generate weekly box office reports for Artistic Director and Marketing Director;
- Coordinate group sales;
- Work with Operations Manager to establish a weekly schedule for administrative interns to cover both office and performance needs;
- And work with and train interns on assigned box office duties.
Previous customer service experience and basic computer skills required. Training on our ticket software (Ovation) will be provided.
Compensation: $400/wk (30 hours per week). Housing may be provided for non-local hire.
Dates: May 20 – August 21, 2020. Partial weeks will be prorated.
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, and two professional or academic references to Angela Combest, Marketing and Development Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line of your email should be BOX OFFICE MANAGER.
Production Manager (Check back for details.)
Carpenter/Props Charge (Check back for details.)