Production Master Carpenter and Props Charge
The production master carpenter will:
- Organize and run scenic load ins and ensuring proper execution of the design through the tech process
- Work with scenic designers to ensure all on site scenic notes (including paint) are completed
- Organize and run all change overs and strike – including the final season strike and return of all materials to storage
- Work in collaboration with the Production Manager to ensure good communication between the shop and design team through the build process to.
- Work with the Production Manager to staff all load in and work calls
- Communicate with stage management regarding scenic questions and needs throughout the performance run – assist with repairs as needed.
- Work with production manager and scenic designers to procure (purchase, build, or borrow) all props and furniture.
- Work with and train interns on assigned technical duties
CTC does not have an scenic shop, so the Master Carpenter works closely with the off site shop that builds the sets to ensure a smooth load in and proper execution of the design in the space. A successful candidate will have knowledge of carpentry and ability to problem solve in a collaborative way.
Dates: June 14 – August 30, 2017
Compensation: $400 / week + Housing
Partial weeks will be pro rated
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume including 2 professional or academic references to:
Erin Patrick (Production and Operations Manager) email@example.com.
Please include in your application if you have any scheduling conflicts and if you anticipate having a vehicle during your time in Chester.