Please join us for our second Virtual Talkback on June 1 at 2pm (eastern). We’ll be discussing the Young Vic production of A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams, starring Gillian Anderson (pictured right). It promises to be a spirited discussion!
Here’s how it works:
- If you don’t already have it, download Zoom on your computer, tablet, or smartphone. (The free version is fine.)
- Click on this link by May 25 to reserve your spot for the Talkback. (People in the same physical place can be on the call together, and will only need one “ticket.”) We only have 20 spots. If you reserve a spot and then change your mind or can’t make the Virtual Talkback on June 1, please let us know so that we can offer your “ticket” to someone else.
- We are holding June 2 at 2pm as a back-up date in case we have overwhelming interest. When you RSVP for June 1, let us know if you’d also be able to participate on June 2 in the event June 1 fills up. (We will contact you if that becomes necessary.)
- Watch A Streetcar Named Desire at your leisure between May 21 (7pm UK time) and May 28 (7pm UK time). (The link takes you to The National Theatre’s YouTube channel.)
- A few days before the Virtual Talkback, we will email you a link to the Zoom call.
- On June 1, just before 2pm eastern time, click the link to be connected to Daniel and your fellow participants to discuss the production. It should be lots of fun, and it is a great way to gather together in this time apart.
A Conversation with Matt Wolf
Response has been tremendous, but we still have some room in our conversation with Matt Wolf, London theatre critic for The New York Times, on May 21 at 2pm (eastern). Please RSVP by clicking this link by May 17. (If you have already registered, no need to do it again.)
Theatre in The Berkshires
Our friends at OLLI are offering a four-part course that features conversations between local theatremakers and critics. Daniel Elihu Kramer will be speaking with Jeffrey Borak of The Berkshire Eagle on June 26. The first session of the course begins on June 5. For more information, and to register (OLLI charges a fee for this course), visit their page here.