Our third Virtual Talkback will take place on Monday, June 15 at 2pm (eastern). We’ll be discussing Pass Over, an adaptation of a play by Antoinette Nwandu, produced at the Steppenwolf Theater in Chicago, where it was directed by Danya Taymor. The production was filmed by Spike Lee. Based on Waiting for Godot, RogerEbert.com says the piece “has the air of an experiment and the clarity of poetry.”
Here’s how it works:
- If you don’t already have it, download Zoom on your computer, tablet, or smartphone. (The free version is fine.)
- Click on this link by June 11 to reserve your spot for the Talkback. (People in the same physical place can be on the call together, and will only need one “ticket.”) We only have 20 spots. If you reserve a spot and then change your mind or can’t make the Virtual Talkback, please let us know so that we can offer your “ticket” to someone else.
- We are holding June 16 at 2pm as a back-up date in case we have overwhelming interest. When you RSVP, let us know if you’d be able to participate on June 16 if June 15 fills up. (We will contact you if that becomes necessary.)
- Watch Pass Over at your leisure on Amazon Prime. You do need an Amazon Prime account. If you don’t have one, you can sign up for a free trial account. (Just remember to cancel if you don’t wish to continue past the end of the trial period.)
- A few days before the Virtual Talkback, we will email you a link to the Zoom call.
- On June 15, just before 2pm eastern time, click the link to be connected to Daniel and your fellow participants to discuss the production. Our previous talkbacks have proven to be a wonderful way to gather together in this time apart.