We miss you! And we miss getting together
to see and discuss theatre.
So it’s time for our first Virtual Talkback coming to you live from Chester!
With stages dark all over the world, some major venues are stepping up to offer entertainment via streaming services. London’s National Theatre Live series may be familiar to many of you, and you may have already enjoyed some of their offerings at local movie theatres. NT Live is streaming select works for free for a limited time, so we thought it might be fun to watch a production “together” while still apart, and then have a talkback, just as we do for our shows and for the shows our travelers see on our theatre tours.
First up will be Twelfth Night. The production will be streaming for free on National Theatre’s YouTube channel from April 23 – 30. You can watch it anytime during that week. Then, on May 5 at 2pm EST, we will host a Virtual Talkback via Zoom. Space is limited to 20 participants, so you will need to contact us for a free “ticket” for the May 5 call.
Here’s how it works:
- If you don’t already have it, download Zoom on your computer, tablet or smartphone. (The free version is fine.)
- Respond to boxoffice@chestertheatre between April 23 and May 1 to reserve your spot for the Talkback. (People in the same physical place can be on the call together, and will only need one “ticket.”) Please remember that we only have 20 spots. If you reserve a spot and then change your mind or can’t make the Virtual Talkback on May 5, please let us know so that we can offer your “ticket” to someone else.
- Watch Twelfth Night at your leisure between April 23 – 30.
- A few days before the Virtual Talkback, we will email you a link to the Zoom call.
- On May 5, just before 2pm EST, click the link to be connected to Daniel and your fellow participants to discuss the production. It should be lots of fun, and it is a great way to gather together in this time apart.
We are going to be offering other Virtual Talkbacks, Panel Discussions, and Cast Conversations with artists from past seasons at Chester, and we are also working on a series of 5 minute plays that you can enjoy at home. Keep in touch through our email newsletters, on our Facebook page and Instagram to hear what’s coming up next.
We look forward to spending this time together, and sharing our love of theatre in this new way.